International cat day seems to become familiar with everyone all over the world. Especially, the international cat day has a lot of interesting things not everyone knows. It takes place on August 8th around the world. “Cat lovers are totally incapable of chasing these clever, gentle and wise friends. They just give us enough attention and kindness to make us crazy about them more, “- said Agnes Repplier. Indeed, cats are not just pets, they also have some mystery making the world honor them. In this article, All Know-How will share with you these amazing facts about such a great international cat day.
- UV Painting Art Blog: The Gorgeous Wall Art As A Magical Universe
- Fruit And Vegetable Art: Top Best Incredibly Wonderful Artworks
The Origin Of International Cat Day
International Cat Day was established on 8 August 2002 by the International Fund for Animal Welfare. However, in some countries, the name and time of this day are slightly different. For example, in Russia, they celebrate on March 1 along with their cats while in Europe, it is on February 17th. But the day’s name in Europe is also different – the World Cat Day. In Japan, February 22nd is the real Cat Days. This meaningful celebration is to raise awareness about the needs of cats and to honor this loving “friend” of the human.
Meaning Activities During International Cat Day Around The World
International Cat Day is the occasion to buy new toys for our pet cat. We and our pet cat can go to the Pet Shop to pick up some colorful presents. Besides, we can invite our friends and relatives to celebrate by spending time bringing our pet cat to the spa for its hair or beauty treatment, watch funny cat shows like My Cat From Hell, Cat 101, Cat Vs. Dog … or even a long animated film about the cute Japanese kitten Chi’s Sweet Adventure (2016).
Some people love cats and would like to raise cats but they cannot still afford for raising one. Nevertheless, we can also enjoy this day by swallowing some cat books. They can be All I Need to Know, I Learned from My Cat, If the Cat Disappeared from the World (Kawamura Genki), Diary of a Clever Cat (Tamara Kriukova). The international cat is also a perfect time to visit cat cafes to sip beverages, watch and caress the cats. This is a paradise for cat lovers, even a bit “crazy” about their loveliness.
Moreover, another important and meaningful action is to become a volunteer at a local kennel. We can visit unfortunate cats and help them find new owners who raise and love them. Or we can donate to animal welfare charities in our country or the world such as the ASPCA, The National Cat Protection Society, The International Fund for Animal Welfare, The Blind Cat Rescue, The Lost Dog and Cat Rescue Foundation.
- Touching Movies In The World You Must See
- Trump – Never Give Up Review: An Interesting And Meaningful Book
Interesting Facts About Cats You Might Not Know
- According to PetMD, the average life expectancy of cats is about 10 to 15 years. But if the owner takes good care, the cat can even live up to 20 years.
- Cats can hear dolphin’s ultrasonic frequencies.
- Cats can produce 100 different sounds.
- Each cat has its own print of nose. This is similar to the uniqueness of each person’s fingerprint.
- Feather in the cat’s ears is for thermal insulation and noise filtering.
- Cats scratch nails not for honing. It is the expression of the cat feeling happy.
- The front foot has five toes, while the hind feet have only four toes.
- The word “meow” is the sound that is reserved only for human beings. They never say so to another cat.
- The cat is a sacred animal in Egypt. The Egyptian worship and mummify them in a good way after their death.
These are interesting things about the international cat day which people around the world are very keen on. You also can celebrate the international cat day in your own way, as long as you love it. Don’t forget to share your funny moments with your cat on this day!