Tips for skin care are always what women are concerned as they always want to become more and more beautiful. Many women think that the sunshine is the very factor that is harmful to their skin. However, according to a study by Unilever Skincare Research in 2017, sitting in front of a computer screen continually for four days can be harmful to our skin as exposing to the sunshine at the mid-day for 20 minutes. In addition, “Electromagnetic radiation can destroy the DNA structure of the epidermis, making the skin darker, sagging and aging faster,” said Nausheen Qureshi, a well-known biochemist in the UK. That is why tips for skin care must include steps against electromagnetic radiation, not just in sun protection. Therefore, in this article, All Know-How will introduce some tips for skin care to against electromagnetic radiation for a fully-protected skin.
1. Using Sunscreen Even When Working In The Office
Applying sunscreen daily before going out is the first beauty step among tips for skin care that every woman knows. But due to the inconvenience and partly not knowing about the effects of electromagnetic radiation, many women do not use the cosmetics to protect the skin in the office.
Applying sunscreen on average every 2-3 hours when working with the computer is the best way to limit the harmful effects of electromagnetic radiation. Nevertheless, we should choose products that are manufactured with broad-spectrum protection formula. They can withstand the blue light and infrared radiation. More conveniently, we can consider makeup products including sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30.
– Sunscreen with the function of protecting the skin from environmental pollution – Murad City Skin® Age Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50 PA++++
– Sunscreen consists of CC Cream – Kiehl’s CC Ultra Light Daily UV Defense CC Cream SPF 50 PA++++
2. Moisturizing Fully For Skin
Among tips for skin care, moisturizing for skin is of importance. No skin lacking water is strong enough to withstand the environmental damage. Besides applying sunscreen as a shield to protect the skin, we also need to moisturize the skin regularly. Not only at night or early morning, even in the office we still need to keep our skin hydrated. In our office, there should be at least two moisturizing products: a mineral spray and a light soothing gel. In addition, it is clear that drinking enough water and washing our face with fresh water are the ways to keep our skin less dry.
3. Providing More Nutrient Groups To Enhance Skin Against UV
According to studies, the antioxidant is the strongest “weapon” helping the skin to resist sunlight and HEV from deep inside. To enhance the antioxidant, we can add seafood, dark green vegetables, black sesame seeds, algae, carrots, bananas, green tea and chrysanthemum tea to our daily diet.
On the other hand, we can take supplements containing Astaxanthin, Vitamin A, C and E. Astaxanthin is a powerful antioxidant that has been recognized by many nutritionists. Meanwhile, vitamin A, C, and E are the “champions” in preserving the skin youth.
4. Looking For Other Solutions
Some useful tips among tips for skin care to help limit electromagnetic radiation in the office:
– Placing daffodils, lotus, Snake plant, or betel on the desk as they are capable of absorbing electromagnetic radiation.
– Using the radiation shield on the screen to limit some of the damage from this wave
– Adjusting the screen light to be suitable with the room lighting, because the greater the intensity of light, the stronger the radiation
– Not placing metal items around the computers to limit the wave reflecting
– Avoiding contacting with the back of the computer since it is the strongest radiation source. We should keep the front screen 50 to 70cm away.
5. Avoiding Using Electronic Devices For A Long Time
This tip is also vital among many tips for skin care. In case we are free, we should try to separate ourselves from the phone and computer. However, if we cannot, at least we should let our eyes and skin rest after every 1-2 hours of continuous work. Close our eyes and walk out to the balcony to have natural air, we will feel better for the next work.
One of the most common skin-damaging habits is surfing the phone before going to bed. The blue light from the phone destroys the skin and causes nervous tension, resulting in decreasing sleep quality. Hence, we should spend some time reading a book or adjusting our breathing to get better sleep.
These are tips for skin care to protect the skin against electromagnetic radiation for women who need to work with their computers for a long time. Such these tips for skin care will help women have a beautiful skin without taking many efforts. For other tips for skin care, follow and read other articles at All Know-How.